Updated: Apr 5, 2020
Artists 8+ Can Make This Cool Art!
About the Artist: Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol is one of the most popular Pop Artists that you'll learn about with Art Classes for Kids. Andy Warhol was well known for taking things from popular culture and using them as inspiration in his artwork! You'll see in Andy Warhol's artwork there's a lot of repetition and interesting use of contrasting colors. Years after the release of the Andy Warhol artwork, Campbell's Soup actually made some limited-edition inspired soup cans! If you want to learn more about this artwork, you can check out MoMA Learning for more information.
What You'll Need
- One piece of white poster board, cut to 11" x 23"
- Two medium paper plates
- A ruler or t-square
- A pencil
- A black Sharpie
- Acrylic paints, lots of colors!
- Paintbrushes of different sizes
- Paper towels
- Water jar
- Recycled grocery bags (or something recycled to stuff the sculpture)
- Clear packing tape
- Print out lettering for the Campbell's Soup Can so you can trace if you don't want to freehand.